Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book Review: A Brush of Darkness

Title - A Brush of Darkness
Author - Allison Pang
Series - Abby Sinclair #1
Genre - Urban Fantasy
Format - Paperback
Published -January 25th 2011
Publisher - Pocket Books

Synopsis
The man of her dreams might be the cause of her nightmares.
Six months ago, Abby Sinclair was struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Now, she has an enchanted iPod, a miniature unicorn living in her underwear drawer, and a magical marketplace to manage. But despite her growing knowledge of the OtherWorld, Abby isn’t at all prepared for Brystion, the dark, mysterious, and sexy-as- sin incubus searching for his sister, convinced Abby has the key to the succubus’s whereabouts. Abby has enough problems without having this seductive shape-shifter literally invade her dreams to get information. But when her Faery boss and some of her friends vanish, as well, Abby and Brystion must form an uneasy alliance. As she is sucked deeper and deeper into this perilous world of faeries, angels, and daemons, Abby realizes her life is in as much danger as her heart—and there’s no one she can trust to save her.

Review
Abby Sinclair is new to the supernatural world but she’s jumped head first into the world by working at the magical marketplace as the manager. She lives with a perverted little unicorn that is addicted to video games. She’s also touchstone to her boss that allows her to move between the two worlds. When her boss goes missing it’s up to Abby to find her diving deeper into the supernatural world she finds a incubus looking for his missing sister. As Abby is sucked deeper into the supernatural world she forms an unlikely friendship with the incubus. Will she find her missing friends or will it be too late. 

I really enjoyed Abby as a character she’s unique and I found her fascinating. I wasn’t sure about our Incubus Brystion but as the book progressed I became as attached as Abby is. Phin is still one of my all-time favorite characters after all he’s a perverted unicorn who sleeps in Abby’s underwear. 

I purchased this book when it first came out drawn to the cover and the synopsis was a bonus. Sadly it was lost on my overflowing bookshelf for months and months. When a reading challenge required a book off the self I decide it was the perfect time to give it a chance. Abby is one of my favorite characters she just keeps getting better as the book progresses and I was really able to connect with her. The author has created a unique story with a fascinating world. I loved every moment of the book it was hard to put down because I wanted to know how it would all play out. I can’t wait for the next one to come out. 

2 comments:

  1. New Follower! I loved this book! Phin is my favorite character I do believe though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I either love a Book or just set it aside to read later.

    I think this is going to be a series to watch Like all books the time to read is so very short compared to the time to write.

    Riyanna
    Fort Worth Carpet Patching

    ReplyDelete