Sunday, June 3, 2012

Book Review: The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitious Superhero


Title - The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitous Superhero
Author - Lorin K. Barber
Genre - Fiction Sci Fi
Format - Kindle Review Copy
Published - March 13th 2012
Publisher - Sweetwater Books
(Goodreads)(Amazon)

Synopsis
Copernicus H. Stringfellow, a.k.a. Nick, is not your run-of-the-mill genius. His mind is so powerful it can stop a speeding automobile or stem internal bleeding. As Nick goes about quietly doing good, he discovers that his powers are greatly enhanced by the nutrients present in Twinkies. Follow Nick on his amazing adventures in this humorous and exciting action-packed book for all ages.

Reviews
I received this book from the author, in return for a honest review.

This is the story of a man in his early 30's who happens to use his brain to it's full extent not the 10% that everyone else uses. Since he uses his brain he is smarter then everyone else even quoted as Einstein's Son if I remember correctly. Sadly at the age of 2 his mother is murdered ironically by his father, this just a small part of what makes Nick so special. He can read a book very quickly and have total recall of the book be it a language, travel, and even medical science. Since he is so gifted Nick develops many experiments that change the world for the better building a little nest egg that lets him afford the ability to be who he is.

It starts out with his journey across the country to Seattle where he wants to work in a hospital as a nurse even though he has extensive training as a doctor. He starts his time as a nurse at large (so he can move around the hospital helping people) which his friend set him up as. At the hospital Nick befriends many people from all walks of life, he also starts renovating a home where he hires people in need of work befriend even more new friends. Even though Nick makes many new friends he also makes many enemy's those who see his meddling in a negative way. Long story short this book has it all action, adventure, love, friendship, and even a little government conspiracy theory.

I was a little leary to read this book before I started it mostly because I'm so used to the main character being female and when I read I kinda pretend I'm her. That being said I always get a little nervous I won't enjoy the book this book was clearly a exception to the rule. I was instantly drawn in, the main character is a amazing man you can't help just liking who he is. He the Mr. Wonderful you always hear about who has a good heart and does good things for others. I totally was expecting a crime fighting super hero but even though that's no who Nick is in my eyes he is a true hero.

I found myself throughout the book leaning over and interrupting my husband from whatever he was doing to tell him what was going on in the book laughing about something Nick would say or do. The characters in the book are so well developed I feel like I could see them all clearly in my mind.

I loved this book from start to finish I had a hard time putting it down when real life would call, it was a little out of my typical reading style but I didn't let that bother me. When I read the synopsis I was intrigued by the story I mean who wouldn't want to eat twinkies all the time I know I have a little twinkie sweet tooth in me. All I can say is I loved it and suggest it to anyone, I think anyone could enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment