Friday, September 21, 2012

Review: Naked Dragon


Title - Naked Dragon

Author - Annette Blair
Series or Standalone - Book 1 in the Works Like Magick
Genre - Paranormal Romance 
Publication January 5th 2010
Rating 4 out of 5


Synopsis 



This national bestselling sensation has some new tricks up her sleeve...

First in the Works like Magick series! 

The Works like Magick Employment Agency has a reputation for perfectly matching clients with magical temps. So when McKenna Greylock requests a handyman, the gorgeous Bastian Dragonelli arrives to repair her B&B- and fire up her bedroom.



 Review 



McKenna Greylock is about to loose her family farm because she's not able to make the payments on mortgage that they had to take out when her grandmother was ill. She has ninty days to turn her farm into her dream bed and breakfast or else she will lose it all to the bank. So she hires a handyman to help her get the place ready. She didn't know that she would be getting a dragon for a handyman, and he would change her life forever. 



Bastian Dragonelli hasn't been in the world of humans for long but he's learning everything he can however he takes everything literally.  Bastian was formerly before coming to earth a dragon, so everything is new and exciting for him. Like corn dogs, cherry wine, centers of cream sickles. He's not your typical muscle head guy either, he helps out by painting beautiful dragons on the walls in the bedrooms, helping to name the bed and breakfast. 



I picked this book for the free spot in the bingo game I'm playing and was super excited because I love books with dragons. I like the concept of Bastian being a dragon and now a man, it's fun to read about him learning and experiencing everything for the first time. The characters are written in a way that let's you get to know them but still keeps it light and entertaining. For me it was a fast read I started it last night and finished it this morning, if I didn't have to get up early I would have finished it last night. I found myself giggling through most of the book, it has several humorous parts. It is however a little heavy for my taste on the sexual innuendos. I love the cover, it's what caught my eye from the start. Overall it's a fun story that I enjoyed reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment