Thursday, September 6, 2012

Review: Nine Lives of an Urban Panther


Title - Nine Lives of an Urban Panther
Author - Amanda Arista
Series or Standalone - Book three in the Diaries of an Urban Panther Series
Genre - Urban Fantasy Shapeshifters with a little bit of everything.
 Publication - August 21st 2012
Rating 5 out of 5

Synopsis
Violet Jordan's Rule #3 of being a superhero: Family first, fur second.

Dear Diary,

With new supernatural creatures popping up at every turn (Ghouls?Really?), the city divided, and my long-lost cousin blazing into town, I've got a lot on my mind. Oh, not to mention I'm supposed to be planning a wedding. Chaz has got to be the best, most patient (and probably clinically insane) fiancÉ around.

But defeating my sworn enemy in a battle for the souls of Dallas is going to require more than just my full attention. It means learning to depend on everyone—especially Chaz—if any of us are going to make it out of this alive. Because if Plan A doesn't work, I'm going to need them for Plan B. And Plan C . . .


Review


I received this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in return for a honest review. This book continues on as Violet Jordan is dealing with being the Prima of the Dallas pack. Violet has built a strong connection with all the shapeshifters however the vampire witches and elementals are all running a muck on their own. Violet is still having nightmares from Spencer from the other side of the veil. However this time he's going to come through and make his claim on the legacy that Violet has.

In this book the former mutts are starting to get their lives back on track, they are at the point where some of them are even dating but I feel bad for poor Shadow being stuck a dog forever, but maybe one day they will be able to break the curse. I like the romance and connection with the other characters of the book, and we really start to learn what Violet has planned for the pack and Dallas community.

This book like the other two sucked me in right away. I love Violet as a character she's not your skinny little blonde barbie but she's as she put it tall and chubby. I love her personality she wants to do right by the pack but she still believes that having their lives with families should be their first priority. The shapeshifter concept is unique because their are dogs, hawks, rabbits, horses, wolves, and of course the panther in the pack. It's not very often I've read a book with shapeshifters who are prey and I found that interesting. I also really like the chemistry between Violet and Chaz who doesn't love when the hero has a strong guy to protect her. The characters are so well written you feel like your their with them and I love reading a book that makes you feel like your in the story. I like that this book gave us a ending but with the potential for more, I'd hate to see it end but I feel like if it did I'm ok with it ending as it did.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a series worth checking out!
    I'd like to give you the One Lovely Blogger Award. Get the info here http://twistingyourmindonewordatatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete