Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: Assassin's Love

Title - Assassin's Love
Author - Misty Wright
Series or Standalone
Genre Suspense Romance
Publication August 24th 2012
(Goodreads) & (Amazon)
Rating 4 out of 5

Synopsis

Diane is an assassin on the run. She's good at what she does, in fact, she's one of the best-but sometimes she wishes her life could be different. Convinced that she will die by the hands of another killer, she has anticipated her eventual demise, but will it be sooner than she thinks? When a hit is put on her, she isn't sure who wants her dead: the man she loves, the family she pledged her allegiance to, or the many enemies she's made over the years.

Living a life of secrets makes it hard to love, but soon, Diane will have to conquer her fears and find her Mr. Right. When she finds him, though, her career as a killer threatens to tear them apart. Will their love bloom, or will the sins of her past come back to haunt her? Will Diane ever escape from her lifestyle of murder with the man she loves?


Review


I received Assassin's Love in return for an honest review from the author. Diane is an assassin it's all she's ever known even her father was an assassin she grew up around it. After what is normally a routine hit she learns that her boss has sent a team after her but she's better and escapes. Diane's boss Nick is in love with her he's always been in love with her but he's being pushed to eliminate her, and it's behind his back that Roland is dispatched to do a hit on her. Roland is a fair match for Diane, which is why Nick hadn't sent him yet, but now he's on her tail. Diane narrowly escapes being caught by Roland on her way to hid out at her half-brothers.

Diane also learns from her beach house neighbor that her home is being scoped out daily, but he's keeping them off her trail by turning on lights and moving stuff on her deck around to make them suspect that she's still around. Diane turns to Roland as things get more intense to learn that he shares the feelings she's had for him. They both talk about getting out of the business something that Diane has been talking about doing since before she was attacked. She's having thoughts of being a mom with kids, and being normal but all she's know is the job. The people who want Diane are setting her up as a thief, and having killed many in a building she blew up. Together they will have to stop the people who want Diane before they can get to her.

I liked the story fast paced full of action that keeps you drawn in till the end. I had a hard time putting the book down to do my real life stuff, and in the end reading won out. I enjoy stories that are mostly action with a little romance tossed in and Assassin's Love does just that. Diane is a character I found was easy to relate to, she had my heart and I spent the book rooting for her. I like when a book can surprise me, and keep me on my toes. I think the author did a great job of creating an interesting story that most people will enjoy. This is my first Misty Wright book, but I don't think it will be my last; I enjoyed this one and will be keeping my eye open for more of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment